The Soccer Academy offers two different programs; Academy teams and the 3 v. 3 program, for ages 5-16. It is offered for four sessions during the year: outdoors during the Spring and Fall, as well as indoors for
Fall/Winter. The philosophy of the Academy is to provide an opportunity for participants to play soccer and receive coaching through practices and
games. Soccer First will take individual registrations, create the teams,
and provide the instruction at our facility.
- Soccer Academy teams only participate during the indoor soccer sessions. During the spring, summer, & fall sessions we will be offering the 3 v. 3 program, kids classes, and summer soccer camps.
- The 3 v. 3 program is set up in a class/training format. We will meet 9 times, once a week for an hour. We will typically spend 30 minutes training and 30 minutes playing in a 3 v. 3 format (2 v. 2, 3 v. 3, 4 v. 4, depending on the number of participants). Teams will be
created each week or in each class to create fair competition and
enhance learning. Next session will begin August 22.
- The 3 vs. 3 format will give players more time on the
ball, with less players on the field than a regular game, than a regular game. The focus will be on practice
and learning rather than competition. Scores and standings will not be
Training and games will be held at Soccer First.
- The 3 vs. 3 training will primarily meet on the weekends. We
will designate days and times and you can sign up for those.
- Classes are usually offered on Saturdays at 12pm (ages 5-7) and 2pm ages (8-10), Sundays at 3pm (ages 5-7), 4pm (ages 8-10 and ages 11-14), and 6pm (ages 7-10) and Tuesdays at 5:30pm (ages 7-10).
The Soccer Academy and 3 v 3 league fee of $175 per player includes administration by Soccer
First, practice rentals and coaching fees.
To sign up for a program:
For more information contact Chris Crosby @ 614-793-0101.